Rain Sounds for Sleep
Sleep better with our curated sleep playlists on Spotify
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR SLEEP CLUB
Get customized sleep sounds and updates on sleep science
10 TIPS FOR BETTER SLEEP
Getting a good night sleep is key to performing at your best during the next day.
Sleep deprivation has become a world wide health epidemic and the importance of good quality sleep has never been more important.
1. Stick to a consistent sleep routine and calm down before bedtime. Go to bed at the same time each night and wake up at the same time each morning. Set an alarm clock 30 min before bedtime. Turn down the lights, listen to relaxing music or nature sounds. A set sleep routine will "train" you to fall asleep and wake up more easily.
2. Use the bed only for sleep and sex (not for work or TV).
3. Cut down on caffeine. For some people, a single cup of coffee in the morning means a sleepless night. Caffeine can also increase the need to urinate during the night.
4. Be physically active. Regular aerobic exercise like walking, running, or swimming provides three important sleep benefits: you'll fall asleep faster, attain a higher percentage of restorative deep sleep, and awaken less often during the night.
5. Limit daytime naps. Prolonged napping can disrupt your natural sleep cycle and prevent you from feeling tired enough to fall asleep.
6. If you use tobacco in any form, quit. Nicotine makes it harder to fall asleep.
7. Use alcohol cautiously. Alcohol depresses the nervous system, so a nightcap may help some people fall asleep. But this effect disappears after a few hours and may even lead to waking up throughout the night. Alcohol can also worsen snoring and other sleep breathing problems.
8. Improve your sleep surroundings. Remove the television, telephone, and any other devices from the bedroom. This reinforces the idea that this room is meant for sleeping. An ideal environment is quiet, dark, and relatively cool, with a comfortable bed and minimal clutter.
9. If you're still awake after about 20 minutes in bed, get up and read awhile to relax. Otherwise, you'll set yourself up for tossing and turning.
10. Try to avoid taking sleeping pills. If you do take a prescription sleep medicine, work with your doctor to use it effectively and for as short a time as possible.
Our sleep playlists uses nature's own ancient sleeping machine. The sound of rain, ocean waves, waterfalls, ambient nature sounds etc. And our “Sleep Meditation Podcast” is tailor-made for soothing bedtime moods and are recorded by us around the world.